Form 9 

GRAMMAR
 TASK 6 For questions 31-35 circle A, B, C or D. ( 1 point for each correct answer) 

 31 You ………… finish your homework now. You can always do it after dinner.
 A couldn’t B mustn’t C don’t have to D shouldn’t 

32 Ray …………. get into his house because he’d forgotten his keys.
 A can’t B wouldn’t C mustn’t D couldn’t 

33 I ………… well go to the movies after work tonight.
 A could B should C shall D might 

34 I rang the door twice. Dora wasn’t at home. She ………. left already.
 A can’t have B must have C needn’t have D should have

 35 Why are you still here? You ……… been helping Dianne in the yard. 
A should have B must have C might have D would have


Questions 41-45 Tense forms Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
 (1 point for each correct answer)
 41. By the end of this century thousands of species of animals ………………….(die) out. 42. Can you buy some wood because I ……………….(put) up some bookshelves this afternoon. 43. I’m sure that soon people ………………………………………(live) under the sea. 44. Sam …………………………….. (think) of changing his job soon. 45. This time tomorrow we………………………… (lie) on a beach a thousand kilometres away. 46. I …………………….. (wait) for the bus when it started to pour with rain. 47. Tom ………………………. (work) on the same book for five years now. 48. When we met, I knew I …………………………. (see) John somewhere before. 49. After waiting for half an hour, Sue ……………….(leave) a message and went home. 50. I don’t think they ………………………….. (arrive) before 9 o’clock because they didn’t leave until 6. 



Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog